Thank you to those who helped me make a decision on new tires for my 19” rims. I decided to go with the Hankook tires.
There were an abundance of reasons:
- None of the tires I have owned on the car overwhelmed me with being fantastic in handling or longevity.
- Tesla seriously considered Hankook to be the tires for the Model 3.
- Only one tire, the Michelin Primacy had the hope of getting more mileage out of my car. They cost significantly more with a 45,000 mile warranty. But I thought it would be likely the same price in the end as I know I’d never get that kind of mileage. Warranties can often be a hassle.
- The tire rack reviews for the Hankook seem fine. California (except for a few months) does not get very much rain, so my performance focus was for dry pavement which the Hankook results are very close to the Michelins.
- A strong endorsement from a responder to my last post.
- My local installer thinks Hankook is a good brand and puts them on a fair amount of other cars.
- Why not give this brand a try.
I am going to try to be more diligent about checking my tire pressure. I have to do it manually as my Model S is six years old.